“"NEIL YOUNG" For me it was not as important to create a technically perfect recording as it was to get the original performances and feelings of new songs on tape. Those performances usually carried the essence of the song. That was my method. Let someone else make the perfect record.” - Neil Young
— The book "Special Deluxe" Page 241
The main idea of this project is "pure spontaneous invention" and I try to keep all the recordings as wel as content real and as spontaneous as possible. I also release and let you hear the raw aspects of the creation. that is where the music is. The recordings, so far, are all done personally at home, so certainly LoFi
I tried to stick to a few rules while doing this project and they were;
- Nothing is over rehearsed. Perfection is an illusion. It doesn’t exist in nature and especially not in man.
- Spontaneity is key (pardon the pun) so solos are the result of improvisation on a sketched out idea. Most bass lines as well. Avoided perfecting anything as much as possible.
- It must be interesting both rhythmically and melodically.
- Minimalist instrumentation. Usually not more than four. Sometimes as few as one.
- Let someone else make the perfect recording (see #1)
I make every effort, to be sure that all parts are ad lib and done in one take.
I use drum plug-ins for drums and have developed a technique I call "PAINTING WITH WAVES". Which I will talk about in another video or blog. This is a technique that I find is the best way to combat those un-natural quantized rhythms.
And finally, I would like to say thanks for your support. I am truly thankful to be able to provide how I create my work as an artist on my own, in and to give you an idea of the journey from the raw idea to the complete finished version. I like to let you know about guitar techniques or tuning I use or effects.